Swim for Your Dinner: The Ultimate Restaurant with a View
If there ever were a picture perfect setting for destination dining, the kind that lands on the “must eat before you die” list, The Rock Restaurant is it.
Off the exotic island of Zanzibar, Tanzania, known as the “Spice Island”, The Rock Restaurant is accessible on foot during low tide or by boat in high tide when the restaurant is completely surrounded by pristine turquoise waters. No, you don’t have to swim for your dinner, but they don’t mind if you do.
Originally a fisherman’s post, the restaurant faces the white sand Michanvi Pingwe beach on the Southeast coast of the island. It launched in 2010 with the support of the Kichanga Foundation, an organization founded to help Zanzibar’s sustainability and assist its poor population. The group does everything from teaching locals how to swim to educating the community on the benefits of recycling and preservation of the island’s resources.
After swimming or cruising up to the eatery, guests climb a sea-worn wooden staircase to the little house on the rock, hence its name. Cocktails are hosted on the back terrace of the veritable island eatery where the pre-dinner drinks are sipped while lounging on couches with panoramic views of the Indian Ocean.
The menu is dominated by freshly caught local seafood and indigenous produce—such as the fish carpaccio marinated with coconut, lime, and olive oil. Being one of the few “luxury” spots, the menu also offers everything from pastas to filet mignon. But, you’re a culinary traveler, so you don’t need us to tell you to go for the catch of the day. End with the pineapple flambé or the simple and sweet fresh fruit.
- Tour Duration 6 hours 10 minutes (Approx.)
- Tour starting Times: Morning Times: 8:30am – 1pm.
- Pickup optional: Pickup from your beach hotel anywhere in Zanzibar.
- Pickup and drop off from your hotel
- Lunch at the rock restaurant
- Entry/Admission – The Rock Restaurant Zanzibar
PRICE FOR THE ROCK RESTAURANT
|price per person||180$||40$||40$||30$||20$|
We accept online payments
- We Accept credit cards, VISA and MasterCard debit cards, mobile money and bank transfer.
- Book with 20% deposit, pay rest on your trip date, When you confirm your trip, we will charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
- Deposit non-refundable
- You may only cancel free of charge in the event of unsafe weather conditions, extenuating circumstances, or change the date(s) of your booking.