THE ROCK, A RESTAURANT ATOP A ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA
Just a short walk from Michanwi Pingwe Beach lies an old fishing hut which is known today as The Rock. It is one of the most romantic restaurants on the island of Zanzibar. In 2010 this rock formation was transformed by Italian entrepreneurs into one of the most beloved places in the country.This splendid rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean is completely surrounded by water and can be reached thanks to a small sand path in low tides. When the afternoon tides rise, the restaurant can only be reached by boat.The Rock has very few tables with a maximum capacity of 30 – 40 seats, overlooking the a breathtaking view. Visitors come here to immerse themselves in total relaxation in a charming and romantic atmosphere, which comes to life during sunset.The restaurant offers a selection of fine wines, and cuisine inspired by sheer simplicity with a menu of local dishes. You can eat fresh catch of the day and the most popular dish is ?The Rock Special? made of lobster, sea cicadas, prawns, squid, fish fillet, accompanied by a rich side dishes of potatoes, salads and lime. App prices are incredibly reasonable given the wonderful location.
- Duration 2 hours
- Tour Duration 6 hours 10 minutes (Approx.)
- Tour starting Times: Morning Times: 8:30am – 1pm.
- Pickup optional: Pickup from your beach hotel anywhere in Zanzibar.
- Pickup and drop off from your hotel
- Lunch at the rock restaurant
- Entry/Admission – The Rock Restaurant Zanzibar
PRICE FOR THE ROCK RESTAURANT
|price per person||180$||40$||40$||30$||20$|
- Book with 20% deposit, pay rest on your trip date, When you confirm your trip, we will charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
- Deposit non-refundable
- You may only cancel free of charge in the event of unsafe weather conditions, extenuating circumstances, or change the date(s) of your booking.