- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts. If you cancel under this time or do not show up, you will not be refunded.
- Reserve Now & Pay Later-Secure your spot while staying flexible
The forest is best known for its kirks red colobus monkeys (kima punju in swahili), which are endemic to Zanzibar. About 10 years ago, the monkeys were considered to be in danger of extinction, but this trend has since reversed due to the conservation project. There are about 6000 red colobus monkey residing in Jozani Forest. Jozani Forest has several habitats including swamp forest, evergreen thickets, mangroves, as well as a variety of wildlife, including sykes and red colobus monkeys, bush pigs, Ader’s duiker and suni antelopes, elephant shrews, chameleons and lots of birdlife.
After visiting the monkeys, you will walk across to the Pete-Jozani Mangrove Boardwalk, which entwines through coral thicket vegetation, mangrove forest and across a creek. You walk through mangrove forest which is extremely crucial to Zanzibar’s ecosystems, providing a habitat for many lizards, snakes and birdlife as well as preventing the coastal erosion. Jozani Forest is situated 38km southeast from Stone Town. In 1995, the Jozani Chwaka Bay Conservation Project was set up to protect the largest remaining patch of indigenous ground-water forest that used to cover Zanzibar. Local communities are involved in the project and some of your entrance fee contributes to development projects and to compensate local farmers whose crops are often damaged by the red colobus monkeys.
HALF DAY JOZANI FOREST TRIP DETAILS
- Pickup details We pick up from any Hotel/ Accommodation in Zanzibar.
- pickup point Please let us know where are you staying?
- Charter Duration: 5 Hours.
- Morning Times: 8:20am – 1pm.
- Afternoon Times: 1pm – 6pm.
- Tour guide
- Hotel Transfers
- Entrance fees
- Mineral Water
|number of guests
|4 guests +
|Price per person
Book with 20% deposit, pay rest on your trip date.
When you confirm your trip, Zanzibar star tours will charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Ways You Can Pay
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, an additional 5% charge will apply.
- When to book? You can book up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.