After a pickup at your hotel, you’ll start this fun day with a visit to the Nakupenda beach – nakupenda means ‘I love you’, and you will feel loved there – gentle sand spilling over your feet while walking, mellow waves caressing your body and super-friendly personnel tending your needs. Swim, sunbathe and snorkel the crystal clear waters. After a dive, you’ll surely be ready for a sumptuous beach lunch, including grilled shrimps, squid, octopus, lobster, and langoustine – depending on the daily catch. Filled with energy for a new adventure wave goodbye to Nakupenda beach and board a boat for a good-half-an-hour ride to Prison Island, also known as Changuu island or Quarantine island.In 1893 the former British prime minister of Zanzibar purchased the island and built a prison complex on it, but it never served to its intended use! It was used as a quarantine station for yellow fever cases.
Today the building is a ruin, but it serves as a guesthouse for tourists. You will the giant tortoises’ reserve, where you will admire, pet, and even feed these magnificent, ancient, peaceful creatures. In 1919 four Aldabra giant tortoises, a gift from the governor of Seychelles were brought here. They find Prison Island a great environment and bred freely. Today, many tortoises are welcoming you, and the first settlers are still among them! There is also a nursery for baby tortoises, where you can see baby tortoises of different ages. A great encounter for everyone, especially for kids!
- Tour Duration 7 hours 10 minutes (Approx.)
- Tour starting Times: Morning Times: 8:30am – 2pm.
- Pickup optional: Pickup from your beach hotel anywhere in Zanzibar.
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Mixed Seafood Lunch & Soft drinks
- Snorkeling gear (life jacket, mask & flippers)
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private Boat
PRICE FOR NAKUPENDA ISLAND & PRISON ISLAND
|price per person||170$||120$||85$||65$|
- Book with 20% deposit, pay rest on your trip date, When you confirm your trip, we will charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
- Deposit non-refundable
- You may only cancel free of charge in the event of unsafe weather conditions, extenuating circumstances, or change the date(s) of your booking.